What can or can't I bring on the Pub Cruiser?
What you’ll want to bring along:
- Beverages (any adult beverage in a sealed standard 12 oz can). We have a cooler and ice to store them in!
- Snacks if you want (if you do, we recommend items that can be eaten with one hand)
- Playlist for music (Spotify/Pandora works fine too!)
- Completed e-waivers for all customers
What you can’t bring:
- Liquor, jello shots, personally mixed drinks or any cups, drinks out of cans only!
- No more than 16 passengers per beer bike, no exceptions
- ALSO: City law states we cannot stop the tour at a party store to pick up more alcohol once the tour has started so come prepared! Once the tour starts whatever drinks you brought need to last the 2hrs (of course, we can stop at bars anytime along the way)
Does the Pub Cruiser have pedal assist?
NEW FOR OUR 8th SEASON IN GRAND RAPIDS: YES! Our bikes are now equipped with Pedal Assist. These systems were uniquely designed and built for our bikes to help you out on more hilly terrain.
The same rule is true: if you don’t pedal, we still don’t move, but it adds a little pep in your pedal to get off the starting line and get up hills. The system engages only if the group is already pedaling.
How old do you have to be to ride the Pub Cruiser?
All riders must be 18 years or older and must be 21 or older to consume alcohol and be wearing a band.
What dates are available?
How many people can ride on each bike?
The minimum recommended number of passengers is 6. The maximum per barcycle is 16. If you have a larger party, you may rent multiple bikes. The price per bike remains fixed regardless of party size.
Each bike has 12 barstool seats, 3 seats on the back and then one person in the middle in the area behind the driver (bartender the area is often called the “Catwalk”). 10 of the seats have pedals. The guests typically swap seats at each bar stop so everyone gets a turn to pedal and/or not pedal.
Is there music on the Pub Cruiser?
Have you ever been to a (fun) party without music? C’mon now!
Pro Tip: Create a playlist for your day, or queue up Spotify and plug into our stereo (we’ve got you covered with the hook-ups required and the speakers/stereo).
Where does the tour start / end / go?
All tours Start/End at 514 BOND AVE NW which is a ½ block north from Downtown Grand Rapids.
On our Book A Tour page it shows the various bars listed on each tour. You will select your route in the booking process. One week prior to your tour you get an information packet and at that time you need select your 2 bars for a 2 hr tour, your 3 bars for a 2.5 hr tour or your 4 bars for a 3 hr tour. Once selected a week before, those are the bars your drivers will take you to. Due to bar relationships and constant construction the drivers can’t change your stops on the fly.
There are occasions, namely construction issues or road closures for races, that once in a while make it necessary for us to divert your tour to a bar other than you have selected. Understand we hate to have to do this, but it is necessary sometimes.
WHERE DO I SIGN THIS DAMN WAIVER?
ANY SUGGESTIONS WHERE WE SHOULD EAT / GO BEFORE THE TOUR?
We’re located right in the heart of the North Monroe District (1/2 block North of Downtown) so there are several options. The closest spots are only a few steps away:
- Atwater Brewing on corner of Monroe and Michigan Ave about a ½ block south of us, great apps and pizza and sandwiches.
- SpeakEZ Bar and Grill on corner of Monroe and Trowbridge (a 2 min walk to warehouse). Full entrees, apps, and sandwiches — very nice.
- JD Reardons (about a 5-8 min walk straight north on Monroe Ave, it is located right inside the door at 940 Monroe Boardwalk Condos). Great apps, entrees, sandwiches reasonably priced.
- Linear – a small tapas-style bar and grill with an outdoor patio on the river. This is about a 5-8 min walk north on Monroe Ave across the street from Boardwalk Condos on the Riverside of the street.
- Garage Bar & Grill: On Ottawa Ave which is 1 street east of our warehouse. Known for great burgers, fries and apps. Affordable bar food.
- Rocky’s Bar on Ottawa Ave NW, is only a 5 min walk and has good bar food, burgers, fries, apps. Good affordable quaint bar food.
CAN I ADD MORE TIME TO MY TOUR ONCE WE ARE OUT ON THE BIKE?
No, you can not decide to go from a 2 hour tour to a 3 hour tour. The reason for this is two-fold, one we do not want our drivers to carry cash from clients as it could be a safety issue for them. Secondly, our tours tend to sell out so there is almost always a group waiting to get on the bike.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR Booking Your PUB CRUISER TOUR
- Click the Book a Tour page in the menu
- Click on the green Book Now button
- Advance the calendar to the month and date you want to book. The Calendar defaults to the current date (we don’t accept same day bookings so calendar looks sold out)
- Select your date.
- Decide if you want a 2 hr tour, 2.5 hr or a 3 hr tour
- We have 2 bikes, bike 1 and bike 2. These are identical bikes. One goes out on the ½ hr and one goes out on the hr
- Pull down what are available time slots on each bike that corresponds to the length of tour you are seeking.
- Fill out all info and insert your credit card, complete the process.
HOW DO I PAY?
We accept payment from 1 credit card. We do not have the ability to take multiple cards.
WHAT IF I WANT TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE?
- If you cancel with less than 30 days prior to your scheduled tour all sales are final. No refund or re-booking.
- If you cancel at 31+ days you will be offered a re-booking during that season. There will be a $60 re-booking fee.
- If weather is deemed unsafe by the Great Lakes Pub Cruiser Management, you will receive a rebooking for that season with no fee added. (This has only happened 1x in 8 years)
- We have ponchos for the rain and a roof that keeps you dry so you’ll have fun regardless of the weather!
DO YOU SELL GIFT CERTIFICATES?
Yes we do sell gift certificates in any amount you would like from full to partial. The website generates a code that the gift recipient enters.
HOW DO I SIGN THE WAIVER?
WHAT IS THE WEATHER POLICY?
We go rain or shine. We have ponchos for you to keep you dry.
If the owners cancel your tour it will be ONE HOUR before as we live in MI and weather changes that quickly so be sure to show up unless cancelled. There is no rebooking if you fail to show up.
HOW MANY PEOPLE PEDAL THE BIKE?
10 people pedal at barseats around the bar.
WHO CAN’T PEDAL THE PUB CRUISER?
If you are not at least 5 feet tall you will have trouble reaching the pedals. We do have 4 pedal seats that are adjustable for those that are 5’1 to 5’4. We also have 2 seats over the wheels that don’t pedal and a bench seat in the back for 3 people or 1 person can stand on the “catwalk” behind the driver.
THINGS ARE SO DIFFERENT DOWN HERE - WHERE THE HECK SHOULD WE PARK ?
We are located ½ block east of Monroe Ave NW on Bond Ave NW. Our physical address is 514 Bond Ave NW and we are in a warehouse with 2 green garage doors. The warehouse sits on the corner of Bond Ave NW and Hastings Ave. A couple of great landmarks are Icon on Bond Apts (our warehouse is 30 ft south of them) and we are directly diagonal from SpeakEZ Bar and Grill.
We have only street parking and it is limited as Bond is a short street. During the week everything close to our building on Bond, Monroe, Hastings or Ottawa Ave is all controlled by meters. There is an app for smart phones that allows you to park there called MoTu, or you can use your own credit card to pay. On the weekend, parking on the street is free in those areas.
Other Transportation Ideas
Don’t want to be stuck with a car? Take an Uber or a Lyft!
Want a free option? DASH bus is a FREE city bus that picks up and delivers people to various points along and in Grand Rapids. This pink bus comes to stops every 10 minutes and usually has pick up points that are seconds from Downtown Hotels. Our drop off point is Monroe Ave. next to SpeakEZ Bar and Grill.
WHAT TYPE OF CLOTHING SHOULD WE WEAR?
Remember that you are riding a bike so casual clothing is going to be the most comfortable. Fancy clothes are a hinderance.
Make sure if you’re going to wear sandals that they have straps; leave the flip flops at home. We don’t want to stop the bike because your shoes fell off!
WHAT IF WE DON’T WANT TO DRINK ALCOHOL?
All of the places we stop are bars and grills so they have other beverage offerings.
Also, consider the Downtown Market Tour as you can shop and graze your way thru it…very cool place. It’s only open daily until 7PM and it does have two bars inside so if you change your mind and want a drink you are all set!
CAN WE DECORATE THE BIKE?
Yes! We are a party on wheels!
Balloons are great and easy.
Banners work as long as they can be quickly taped on along the upper area of the bike.
Keep in mind that the bikes are generally sold out so your decorating needs to be quick as your bike may be on its way back from a tour and arriving right when you are taking off.